Top 10 Social Media Updates
Top 10 Social Media Updates Of 2016
The year 2016 saw one of the most Social Media updates ever from Facebook Live to Instagram Stories the Social Media increasingly became more and more addictive because of these engaging features.
Here are the updates that topped the chart.
1) Business can now sell on Facebook messenger: Messenger has allowed brands to engage customers using bots since April. Until now, if someone was ready to buy, they had to leave Messenger to complete the purchase on an external website.
2) Facebook allows celebrities to edit videos after broadcasting them: Celebrities live the good life. They get the best tables at restaurants, free swag and access to some Facebook features before anyone else, like Facebook Live. And now they’re getting access to Live features that won’t be made available to normal people using Facebook.
3) 360-degree video feature: If the video was recorded with a 360 or spherical camera system that adds 360 metadata to the video file, then you can upload a 360 video to your personal Timeline the same way you’d upload any other video.
4) Instagram Stories: A new feature that lets you share all the moments of your day, not just the ones you want to keep on your profile. As you share multiple photos and videos, they appear together in a slideshow format: your story.
5) Extended Location Targeting: Location targeting allows you to target ads to people based on a location.
6) Between Messages from friends: Now random message requests from people can rest in your inbox in the form of a message request.
7) Instagram Video length increased: Instagram surprised its users by increasing the 15-second limit of its videos to a whopping 60 seconds, a full four times longer than it was before. It had already extended the video viewing time for marketers.
8) Twitter will tell you when your business is most responsive: Twitter is great for customer service. Despite this, it hasn’t really done much to help users or businesses on its platform to get better at customer service. But now, it seems to be testing quite a cool new feature that lets users know when a page is most responsive.
9) Twitter now lets you Retweet yourself: The social network switched on the ability for users to retweet their own posts, allowing them to re-share tweets that have already appeared in followers’ timelines.
10) Conversion Tracking comes to Linkedin: B2B advertisers rejoice! LinkedIn is rolling out conversion tracking and I’ve just found my first account with it. You know what that means: Screenshots Lots of screenshots.