Lead Magnets are essential to grow and transform your business online. But, for the prospects to hand over their email address to you, you need to fulfill their demand with an offer they can’t resist.
Gaining attention online can be tough these days. When it comes to crafting a perfect lead magnet that works, you need to follow the strategies that will guarantee conversions down the line. You need to grab the leads first, and then, nurture them later.
A good lead magnet will convince your audience to convert. It’s not easy, but definitely worth the effort and you might have to run a few experiments as well. As a leading digital marketing agency in Delhi, we strongly recommend Lead Magnets as a strategic lead generation strategy for many of our clients.
What is a Lead Magnet?
A Lead Magnet is simply an offer that you can promote on your web pages to get email addresses (or more) from your prospective customers. In order to succeed in acquiring customers online, you need to build an email list. Lead magnets will help you do this job effectively.
Lead magnets that successfully attract and convert leads have a few characteristics in common. Some of the features of effective lead magnets are:
- providing a specific solution to the audience
- easy to use and implement
- targeted to attract a specific group of people
- actionable and easily digestible
- deliver immediately through email automation
How they are useful in Digital Marketing?
1. Help in building trust and authority:
In an industry that is highly competitive, it takes a lot of effort to stand out. You need to build trust and nurture the relationship by presenting your voice as an authority in your industry. Lead magnets need a little more work up front, but it helps you build trust and brings you long-term gain.
2. Demonstrates your USP (unique selling proposition):
USP plays as your strength. It is what makes your product or brand unique and valuable to your customers. A convincing lead magnet can play a crucial part of effective selling where online customers have so many options.
3. Improves organic search rankings:
Your site is rewarded in searches for providing users the relevant and useful information they need. Landing pages that use lead magnet generally have higher conversion rates, which eventually lead to ranking your site higher in search engines.
4. Give better ROI on PPC campaigns:
One of the objectives of the lead magnet is to improve engagement with the target audience to acquire more leads. When you optimize a landing page with lead magnets for PPC campaigns, it leads to more conversions and better return on investments.
5. Increases brand reputation and visibility:
Lead magnet landing pages allow you to incorporate customer testimonials, success stories, and awards. These can help build higher credibility for the brand, enhance your online reputation, and foster customers’ trust for your business.
We have segregated our content ideas into 3 parts, namely:
1. Content Format
1. Content Format:
The types of content format that you can use as lead magnets can be –
1. PDFs – consist of content up-gradation, Q& A, etc.
2. Checklists – include expert tips for different segments of your services.
3. Info-graphics – can be used to share knowledge, information, insights, etc.
4. Spreadsheets – A curated & customized spreadsheet that can be used by the audience for macro-tracking.
5. Planners – can be used to keep better track of your content strategy.
Methods are the ways in which the above formats will be incorporated/delivered/promoted –
1. We can put the “Opt-in” in the SIDEBAR of some top-performing blog posts just like –
2. In-line Promotion: We can promote the lead magnet as an IN-LINE banner between the blog post.
Here’s an example of the same:
3. We can try “Exit-Intent Popup” as one last-ditch attempt to convert the abandoning visitors into subscribers –
We can also put a pop-up on the homepage asking readers to schedule a FREE consultation call.
4. We can try creating some creatives/infographics too which will target the specific query of the visitors, making them to sign-up for the resource.
For example –
3. Tools You Can Use:
With the right kind of lead magnet, you can effectively attract all the ideal customers as you can possibly have. It brings value to your brand and shows you understand the challenges of your customers. We, as a digital agency, strongly recommend Lead Magnets as a strategic lead generation strategy for many of our clients.