Let’s consider this from Google’s point of view, at the end of the day Google is a business and the existence of business means competition – competitors for Google being the likes of Yahoo and Bing.
Presently, over 90% of all web search traffic courses through Google. That’s huge!
To maintain such a position in the search landscape, presenting the user with the best answer to their queries becomes a topmost priority.
Google does this by continuously making their algorithms better, rolling out algorithms that fulfill the user intent in the best possible way.
This translates to more competition for brands and businesses to stay relevant and in sync with the guidelines laid out by Google in order to rank in top positions in the SERPs.
As 2019 walks on and 2020 becomes visible, it’s essential to know what new factors are being brought into Google’s Algorithm (from Seo’s point of view) and what elements keep on being significant going ahead, to build up a powerful SEO strategy. These are:-
- By 2020, around half of searches will be voice-based so there will be a decrease in ‘typed’ searches. This will increase the number of long-tail keywords. reference
- Reviews will be more important than ever, the positive review might increase the business productivity
- Good Quality Content will be the Key.
- Include video content for better encouraging conversion Engagement will remain important.
- Rich Snippets:-As everybody knows that google also acts as a knowledge-based engine so where a user asks for a specific type of question rich snippets will be a major factor.
Adapting to the ever-changing algorithms of the search engines is one thing. But SEO is going to be difficult for those who are not able to keep up with the changes in content consumption and engagement behavior of users.
So rather than trying to game the system, the focus should be on providing the best experience to your end-users. With patience and consistent efforts, you will be able to earn that top spot in the search.
Let me know in the comments below where do you see SEO trends going in 2020.
And if you are a business and want to understand how you can benefit from Search, get in touch with our seasoned marketing experts.