Android is the world’s best-selling OS for smartphones since 2011, and unsurprisingly, there are more than 2.5 billion active Android devices functioning across the world. Android is an open-source platform, so it is easy to customize as per user requirements. The Android play store has more than 2.9 billion apps. Every smartphone comes with an inbuilt security application.
On the play store, there are so many security applications that are very useful to secure your android device. A basic security app should have some basic features like App Permission, Lock screen, App Locker, VPN, and more.
Below is some popular app which is used to secure an Android device:
- Avast Antivirus – Mobile Security & Virus Cleaner (100M+ Download)
- AVG AntiVirus 2020 for Android Security Free (100M+ Download)
- Google Find My Device (100M+ Download)
- Safe Security – Antivirus, Booster, Phone Cleaner (100M+ Download)
- Lookout Security & Antivirus (100M+ Download)
- Mobile Security: VPN Proxy & Anti Theft Safe WiFi (50M+ Download)
- Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security (50M+ Download)
- App Lock (50M+ Download)
- Vault-Hide Pics & Videos, App Lock, Free Backup (50M+ Download)
- Bouncer-Temporary App Permissions (Paid 10M+ Download)
1. Avast Antivirus – Mobile Security & Virus Cleaner for Mobile
Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus is one of the most popular antivirus application in mobile platform with the following important features.
- Antivirus Engine
- App Lock
- Anti-Theft Photo Vault VPN (Virtual private network)
- Power Save Privacy Permissions
- RAM Boost
- Junk Cleaner
- Web Shield
- Wi-Fi Security
- App Insights
- Virus Cleaner
- Wi-Fi Speed Test
2. AVG AntiVirus 2020 for Android Security
AVG AntiVirus for Android helps protect you from harmful viruses and malware. The application allows you to keep your personal data safe with App Lock, Wi-Fi Security Scan, and App Permissions advisor, and more.
- Scan apps, games, settings, and files in real-time
- AVG AntiVirus boosts speed by killing tasks that can slow down your device.
- This can extend battery life with Power Save mode.
- AVG AntiVirus clean unnecessary files to free up space in your device
- This can lock sensitive apps with a PIN, pattern, or fingerprint.
- AVG AntiVirus can enable locating your lost phone via Google Maps
- AVG AntiVirus hide private photos in an encrypted vault
- By AVG AntiVirus you can stay anonymous with VPN
- AVG AntiVirus can scan Wi-Fi networks for threats
- AVG AntiVirus can get insight into the permission level of installed apps
3. Google Find My Device
This is a very useful application developed by Google. If you lost your android device, then you can track your device location or erase all data or your device can ring in high volume still if your device is in silent mode.
The condition to find, lock or erase an Android phone, that phone must:
- Be turned on
- Be signed in to a Google Account
- Be connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi
- Be visible on Google Play
- Have Location turned on
- Have Find My Device turned on
4. Safe Security – Antivirus, Booster, Phone Cleaner
Safe Security app is an all-in-one power cleaner, antivirus, and smart speed booster. This multi-functional application optimizes your background apps, memory storage, junk files & battery power, and keeps your device safe from the viruses.
- This can scan installed apps, memory card content and new apps automatically
- By using this you can delete all types of junk files to free up the storage space
- Used to optimize memory and speed up phone
- Multi-function lock screen feature
- Block unwanted/spam calls and text messages feature
- This allows you to hide useless and annoying notifications
- Can scan Wi-Fi networks for threats
- Has Privacy & App Lock
- Take Instantly snap a photo of anyone who breaking into your apps
- Uninstall apps and can move apps to SD cards.
- Has Fingerprint Lock
5. Lookout Security & Antivirus
Lookout Security & Antivirus is a premium mobile application that protects your device, your data, your connections as well as your identity with powerful mobile security and identity protection.
- Can protect you and your data from dangerous Wi-Fi attacks
- Can check your device for root detections to make sure the operating system on your device is working properly
- App Scanning: Continuous, over-the-air protection from viruses, malware, adware, and spyware features
- This automatically saves your device’s location when the battery is low
- Map the location of your device and make it sound an alarm – even when the phone is on silent mode
- Show alert when a Wi-Fi network you join is dangerous or under attack
- Send an email with a photo and location whenever suspicious behavior is detected
- Scans URL link you visit or click on to help detect threats and alerts you of sites which might be dangerous
- You can see what personal information can be accessed by your apps
- Can remotely lock your device, post a custom message, and erase your data by using this app.
6. Mobile Security: VPN Proxy & Anti-Theft Safe Wi-Fi Application
This application is developed by a well-known company McAfee. It has everything which is required in any security application nowadays. It helps you protect your device with Smart Security, gives Privacy Protection added with McAfee’s antivirus and spyware protection, and keeps your private data away from prying eyes.
- Anti-Theft feature with Device Lock Security and Thief Cam
- Anti-Theft Uninstall Protection
- Stop phishing and prevent access to your personal information
- You can find your phone with a map location service, sound a remote alarm, and tracking.
- Can detect which apps may put your personal data privacy at risk
- Virus cleaner and removal functionality
- Free Wi-Fi scanner
- Battery and Memory Booster widget
- Detect unwanted files and apps
- Can Backup contacts automatically through the McAfee Cloud and recover contacts from your lost.
7. Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security
This is a free antivirus solution that keeps your phones and tablets secure as well as your private information secure from online dangers.
- Antivirus protection
- App Scans on-demand and in real-time* for viruses, spyware, ransomware, and Trojans.
- Locates & locks your Android phone or tablet if it’s lost or stolen
- Find your phone with a map location service, sound a remote alarm, and tracking
- It protects personal information of your device
- You can add a secret code to access your private messages, photos & more
- Blocks dangerous sites & links
8. App Lock
App Lock is one of the most popular security applications used in android devices. By this application, users can use passwords, patterns, and fingerprints to protect applications. You can keep all app data safe and private by using secure privacy.
- AppLock can lock any app you choose.
- AppLock can hide pictures and videos
- AppLock has a random keyboard and invisible pattern lock
- Includes a lot of amazing themes
- Hidden camera tools and auto-lock and unlock
This application hides private pictures, videos on your phone. Vault app helps you protect your privacy with App Lock, Incognito Browser, Private Bookmark, Cloud Backup, and many other crucial security features for free.
- Hide and Protect Photos & videos
- Use App Lock to protect your social, photo, call logs, and more.
- Private Browser
- Cloud Backup
- Data Transfer
- Password recovery
- Stealth Mode
- Break-in Alerts
10. Bouncer-Temporary App Permissions
Bouncer is a paid application with a cost 160 INR gives you the ability to grant permissions temporarily. If you don’t want that app to be able to use the camera or get your location at any time? Bouncer gives you exactly that. It will automatically remove the permission in an instant so you can get back to doing what you do best when you close an app and it also saves your battery by doing this.