Social media has turned into a behemoth industry. There is so much that everybody is doing that at times, it all seems like chaos.
When smaller, startup brands see the interactions that the bigger brands are getting, they get overwhelmed with what they need to do with themselves to keep up with the bigger brands. Social media strategists struggle to garner followers and interaction on social media when working with new brands or startups.
Here are 5 basic things that every small brand or startup can incorporate in their social media strategy to increase followers and improve actions on their social media channels.
1. Customer Support: Like it or not, social media is one of the top, if not the number 1 tool for customer support. Customers expect to find and reach out to brands on social media. And it is a great tool to interact with them and give them the answers they’re looking for.
2. Micro-Influencers: Influencer Marketing has taken social media by storm where big brands are paying big amounts of money to the so-called influencers of social media. While influencers come with a big price tag, one thing that smaller businesses can rely on is micro-influencers. These are users who have 4-5 figure followers and can be extremely cost-effective and even free in some cases. Because they are in a growing phase just like you, they are likely to help you.
3. Promote Core Values: Any brand should promote its core values on its social media channels. Whether it is a cause that you are associated with, a belief that drives your business, the motto of your company, or anything that falls under your core values, you can promote that on your social channels. This improves brand identification and can get the attention of your target audience.
4. User-Generated Content: The power of user-generated content is extremely high. Campaigns promoting user-generated content should be run every now and then. What it yields is quality posts for your social media. What it drives are more actions. Always a good idea to tag a user in a post about them on your channel 😉
5. Get Personal: Nothing gets more attention from users on social media than getting personal. Be a part of conversations on social media and don’t shy away from using the @ sign to address followers or other users. A healthy personal social media conversation has a good chance of increasing brand trust and boosting following and interactions.
Let us know what you think of these 5 basic components of social media strategy.
Lastly, you can always hire a digital agency to do the work for you 😀