We are looking for an outstanding developer to be responsible for developing innovative, reusable Web-based tools for progressive online activism and community building. Programming, graphic design and database administration are all elements of this position. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and excel your skills and show what you are made of. There are great chances of learning and growth.
Compensation – To commensurate with experience
- BS/MS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- 2 years minimum Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP
- 1 year minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Demonstrated experience in building dynamic websites
- Good knowledge of web development CMS’ such as Joomla, WordPress, etc.
- Experience using AJAX, jQuery, MooTools, etc.
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Experience with social networking APIs, mainly Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge of HTML5 and Mobile website development experience is a plus
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Social App Development / Mobile App Development is a BIG plus
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Produce project estimates during sales process, including expertise required, total number of people required, total number of development hours required, etc.
- Attend client meetings during the sales process and during development.
- Work with clients and managers to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients.
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the development community of the CMS of your choice.
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for activism and community building.
Think you are a fit? Contact us now.